At the first Austrian Salt&Lake Trail, a unique bike experience awaits you in the heart of Austria.
Bikepacking with MTB or gravel as in many countries already established and popular:
Cycling with a group of like-minded people through one of the most beautiful areas of Austria, the route is predetermined, worked out with a lot of passion and experience.
The focus of the route design is on the one hand on ideal paths for gravel bikes (assuming good transmission) and MTB, otherwise to design the route in such a way that beautiful places / highlights are approached or can be reached via a short detour.
Along the route there are many accommodation and food supply options.
The GPX data will be provided a few weeks before the start.
From the start you are on your own, there is no time limit, no controls, just the experience of an adventure tour, a challenge to muscles and endurance along 13 picturesque lakes and historic salt extraction sites.
The journey is the goal. For those who want to compete and for safety reasons, we provide a tracking app to follow the other participants.
The given route can be left at any time (for sightseeing, meals, accommodation, etc.). The concept is to return to the same point in order to follow the route.
Support by baggage transport or accompanying persons is not allowed.
In order to be able to offer the right distance for everyone, we have worked out 2 routes that separate at about 170 km after the village Ramsau.
It can be decided during the journey which route is chosen
The routes lead over asphalt, gravel and forest roads on public, unclosed roads.
On all roads the StVO (road traffic ordinance of Austria/Germany) applies!
- Start in Sankt Gilgen at the "Schiffsanlegestelle" boat mooring along the lake promenade
- Through the imperial city of Bad Ischl, salt extraction side, European Capital of Culture 2024
- Over the "Ewige Wand" to Bad Goisern
- Through the beautiful Salzkammergut with Hallstatt as a World Heritage Site
- from Altaussee over picturesque Pürgg to the valley of the Enns passing by the impressive mountains Dachstein and Grimming
- from Ramsau into the region "Salzburger Land" and over passes by the Hochkönig
- with a short detour to Bavaria through the Berchtesgaden National Park
- passing the famous Watzmann to Bad Reichenhall
- and over Salzburg, world heritage site, back to Sankt Gilgen
to Ramsau at the Dachstein identical with route A
via Filzmoos into the Tennengau, partly following the "Dachsteinrunde"
and via the old Postalmstraße back to Sankt Gilgen
If desired tracking via transponder: 18€ rental fee + 30€ deposit (variant via app is offered)
Until 30.06. 50€ return transfer, later no return transfer can be made, a postponement to the following year is possible
Terms of participation:
By registering, the conditions of participation of the event are accepted.
|Starts at 09:00
Price per participant
|From Sep 11, 2023